Receipt uploads don't have to be a mundane month-end task for spenders! We've made it easier for you with our text receipt capture feature. You can now reply to transaction approval text messages with a photo of your receipt and we'll take care of the rest. It's that simple!
Setting up text receipt capture
- Users must set their phone numbers
- Approved transactions notifications must be enabled for the business
If approved transaction notifications are enabled, head over to your Float account, navigate to Settings > Profile and add your phone number.
If you are not receiving texts after adding your phone number, your account admin will have to set the "Approved Transactions" notification to ON for your business. If they haven't done this already, please follow the instructions in this article: How to manage business notifications for the entire business?
SMS notifications for text receipt capture is enabled for physical cards only. Reach out to email@example.com for more info!
How does it work?
We use the phone number provided to us in Profile settings to notify you whenever we see a physical card transaction.
Detailed workflow overview
When a spender makes a purchase on their physical card, you will receive an SMS message prompting the spender to categorize all their transaction information without having to log in to Float.
The spender can then choose to either reply to the notification via SMS with a photo of the receipt OR click on the spender categorization link to upload the receipt and code other required fields. Spenders cannot submit their transactions via the spender categorization link if all the required fields are not filled out!
Text receipt capture FAQs
- If the spender does not have a phone number registered with Float and has not opted into Slack messaging, we will send the spender an email message as an alternative.
- Once you submit their transaction, you will receive a confirmation message on the same page confirming the transaction has been successfully submitted.
- If the transaction has been exported and successfully submitted, the link will expire and will no longer be available.
- If a receipt has already been added to the transaction, the receipt will appear as uploaded to the spender.
- If the spender is missing a receipt, there is an ability to click lost / no receipt to allow the spender to submit their transaction.
- When a spender makes a purchase on their virtual card, they will receive an email message prompting them to categorize all their transaction information without having to log in to Float!
This page can be viewed on mobile and desktop web pages. Happy spending!
Please sign in to leave a comment.