Float's Charge Card is one of the many innovative financial products that Float offers, to make finance and spending for Canadian businesses easier!
What is Float's Charge Card?
Float's Charge Card is an innovative financial product combining the most desired features of a credit card and spend management software on the market. Float Charge Card:
- Provides a Credit limit*: allowing you the flexibility to spend and settle your balance afterward on 15-day or 30-day payment cycles.
- Auto-repayments: Money spent is automatically repaid at the end of your cycle from your bank accounts. This way all you have to do is spend and ensure the funds for repayment are in your bank account
- Is interest-free: you read that right, the charge card product is interest-free!
* How is my credit limit determined?
Your credit limit is determined based on a comprehensive evaluation of various factors, including your industry, revenue/company performance, current debt levels, cash balance, liquidity, credit utilization rate, and past credit history.
To qualify for a Float Charge Card, your organization needs to meet the following criteria:
- Is currently a registered Canadian company (partnership or corporation)
- Have cash / GIC equivalent of $500,000 CAD on hand
- Estimated monthly spend of $50,000 CAD
- 16+ months of operating cash or consistently profitable
If your organization meets these criteria and wishes to apply, please reach out to your account representative. If you do not have one yet, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to assist you in confirming your eligibility and guiding you through the application process.
Note: we currently do not serve cryptocurrency or non-profit companies.
The application process is made up of just 2 parts:
- An internal underwriting process, and
- A quick due diligence call with you
The underwriting process involves the submission of a few essential documents, namely your financial statements and your most recent banking statements.
Why are these documents necessary? These documents are necessary to validate your eligibility and determine your credit limit. They are also standard for credit underwriting and required by lending partners we work with.
If you encounter difficulties in providing these documents, you can reach out to your account representative for assistance (or email@example.com if you do not have an account representative)
We currently support CAD and USD for Float Charge Cards. Here are some key notes when you apply for both currencies:
- No Fx Fees: When you spend money, it gets repaid in the same currency, ensuring you don’t incur Fx fees
- CA Domiciled Bank Accounts: A Canada-domiciled USD bank account is required to open a USD Charge Card
If you find yourself hitting 80% or higher credit utilization rate in the last 60 days, you may request a higher limit by getting your primary admin to submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your customer service representative or account representative in your request.
If you’ve used up your credit limit, here’s what you can do:
- Make an early payment to free up your credit limit. This process typically takes up to 3 business days to clear.
Related: Funding your Float Charge Card
- Alternatively, on your funding page, you can activate the Auto-Paydown feature. This will facilitate automatic payments when you’re approaching your limit, ensuring you always have sending power
Float borrows funds from its own partners to lend to you. This innovative product is not only interest-free but also provides access to our powerful software, including accounting automation and spend management, saving you thousands of hours of manpower and preventing fraud. It delivers a substantial economic advantage to your company.
To ensure the long-term sustainability of this product for all, customers are asked to select term structures within our application form.
Here’s what you need to keep your Float Charge Card and credit limit in good standing:
- Monthly Flinks Connection: Refresh your Flinks connection on a monthly basis.
- Providing Financial/Bank Statements: Provide your Financial/Bank statements as requested, typically at intervals ranging every 1-12 months
- Credit Utilization Rate: Maintain credit utilization rate of 50% or higher (If unable to reach this limit, we can adjust it lower and increase it again when needed)
- Hold 9+ Months of Operating Cash
These requirements are necessary because Float does not have direct access to your financial information. Float is at the discretion of pausing credit and pausing spend in the event of a Terms of Service violation, or failure to comply with the above requirements and ongoing risk assessments.
If you have any further questions or wish to learn more about Float Charge Card, please reach out to an account representative or email@example.com for more information.