In order to start using Float, you first have to connect your bank account to load funds into your Float balance!
Related: How does funding work?
You have a few options for linking a bank account to your Float account. The default option provided is usually Flinks.
- Instant Link Flinks (default) - Connect using Flinks, a secure financial data provider, to connect and authenticate your bank account. We will help make the change to your bank connection settings. Once the initial connection has been initiated, the bank connection status will change to pending and you will receive an email once the connection has been established!
- Manual Connection (support approval only) - You manually provide your banking details (three numbers found on a void cheque or direct deposit form). To get a manual connection, you will need to click "talk to support' so that we can review your request for a manual connection!
Instant link via Flinks
- Navigate to your Banking page > Bank Accounts and then click "Connect Bank". This window will pop up to allow you to click and read through the terms and conditions.
- A pop-up window from Flinks will appear and prompt you to select your bank.
*Please note that some business bank accounts may have specific prefixes or suffixes. We recommend searching a few iterations of your bank before contacting support!
- Once you enter your details after selecting your bank, Flinks will take some time to connect in the backend. You can click away and continue using Float until we email you with the success of the connection!
- Once Flinks is connected, you will receive an email and you will be prompted to select your Primary Account to pull funds from.
- In some instances, the transit number may not have been scraped, so when setting the funding source, you will be prompted to enter the correct transit number.
- If you see your funding source connected, but indicating the wrong currency, you can correct this by clicking the three vertical dots that correspond with the bank connection.
If Flinks fails, or if you run into errors when connecting with Flinks please reach out to email@example.com and we can update your bank connection method to the manual method.
Note: this is only applicable in instances where Flinks connections have failed
Once we move you over to the manual method, you will be presented with the modal below to manually enter your banking details.
You will need the following information to manually link your account:
- Institution Number
- Transit Number
- Account Number
Once complete, we will initiate a micro-deposit of less than $3 to the connected bank account (which takes 1-3 business days to arrive depending on your bank). When you see this deposit in your bank account, please head back to the banking > bank connections page in Float and click "Verify Connection".
Enter the deposit amount here, and you're all set!
If you run into any issues setting the manual connection up, please send us an email with a void cheque/direct deposit form to firstname.lastname@example.org