In order to start using Float, you first have to connect your bank account to load funds into your float balance!
You have a few options for linking a bank account to your Float account. The default option provided is usually Plaid, and you can contact us if you want to try Flinks.
- Instant Link Flinks (default) - Connect using Flinks, a secure financial data provider, to connect and authenticate your bank account. We will help make the change to your bank connection settings. Once the initial connection has been initiated, the bank connection status will change to pending and you will receive an email once the connection has been established!
- Manual Connection (support approval only) - You manually provide your banking details (three numbers found on a void cheque or direct deposit form). To get a manual connection, you will need to click "talk to support' so that we can review your request for a manual connection!
Instant link via Flinks
- Navigate to your funding page and click "Connect Bank Account". This window will pop up to allow you to click and read through the terms and conditions.
- Plaid's window will pop up and allow you to select your bank account. *Please note that some bank accounts have 'business' after them. We recommend searching a few iterations of your bank account before contacting support!
- Once you enter your details after selecting your bank, Flinks will take some time to connect in the backend. You can click away and continue using Float until we email you with the success of the connection!
- Once Flinks is connected, you will receive an email and you will be prompted to select your Primary Account to pull funds from.
To link your bank account manually, enter your Company Name, Company Email and agree with the Preauthorized Debt Agreement. You'll see two submission buttons - you'll want to select 'Manual Connection' to work directly through Float.
You will need the following information to manually link your account —
Institution Number (3 digits)
Branch or Transit Number (5 digits)
Account Number (7-11 digits)
To find these numbers, please follow the instructions for your banking institution (CIBC, RBC, BMO, Scotiabank, TD, National Bank).
If you run into any issues setting the manual connection up, please send us an email with a void cheque/direct deposit form to firstname.lastname@example.org