Merchant Rules are created to automatically categorize transactions! Simply search for the merchant name and attach accounting rules for GL Codes, Taxes, Tags, and Accounting Vendors.
Merchant Rules can be created by the Primary Admin or Admin of your Float account. Please follow these steps to create your own Merchant Rules:
- Login to your Float Account
- Navigate to the 'Transactions' tab
- Click on Manage Merchant Rules (On the top right)
- Click on 'Create new', scroll down to the bottom where there will be a new line to fill in
- Search the Merchant Name and select it, then add the Accounting Vendor, GL Code and Tax Code
- Ensure to click 'Save' - this will not autosave
- Merchant Rule is successfully created! Repeat this for any merchant you want!
- Note - Cannot find the Merchant in the list? Let us know the name and website of the merchant at email@example.com and we will get them added for you.