How to Create Custom Submission Policies
Submission policies allow you to create and enforce guidelines around what information is required for your Teams’ expenses within Float. These policies can be customized based on specific teams and expenses such as travel, onboarding, benefits, etc. Submission Policies are part of Float’s Expense Policy feature which allows you to implement your company’s expense guidelines within Float.
Please note: Multiple policies are only available for Professional Plan users. Essential plan customers will only have access to a single default submission policy! To upgrade your plan, please message firstname.lastname@example.org
How this impacts your users:
- Admins will be able to set whether receipts or GL codes are required and enforce how many transactions can have missing information before a card is paused. As well, Admins will be able to apply specific GL codes to individual policies.
- Spenders will have the ability to select the submission policy that best represents their spend request as well as apply their own GL code to their transactions.
How to create a Submission Policy
- Navigate to the Settings page at the bottom left side of the navigation side bar
- At the bottom of the Settings page, select Submission Policies
- Click Create on the left hand side of the Submission Policies page.
Customize your Submission Policy
- Give your Submission a name and description
- It’s best to be as descriptive as possible since the spender will use this description to select the most appropriate policy for their expenses.
- You can select whether a field is required for all transactions or over a $ amount.
Edit Existing Policies
- Select an existing policy
- Make the changes needed and remember to save!
Delete an Existing Policy
- Select an existing policy
- At the bottom of the policy you will be able to select the button to delete.
- You will need to select a replacement policy for existing cards tied to the deleted policy
How to select a Submission Policy for Spend Request and Card Creation
When requesting a card or creating a card for your team, please select the most appropriate policy for the upcoming expenses. If you are unsure of which policy to select, please reach out to your Admin for additional information.
How to change the Submission Policy for existing cards
- Navigate to the cards page on the left side menu
- Select which card you’d like to edit
- Managers will be able to edit and update which Submission Policy should apply to their spender’s cards.
How to fill in the information required for your transactions
- Fields required on your transactions will have a red asterisks * applied
- If a receipt is required, upload or match a receipt from the receipt inbox
- If a GL code is required, select the appropriate GL code. You may want to confirm with your Admin the appropriate GL code.
Notifications applied to Submission Policies
- When a card is paused due to policy violations
- When a card is unpaused when a spender fills in the required information for their transactions
- When a policy has been updated (for cardholders)
- When a transaction is violating a policy