In order to start using Float, you first have to connect your bank account to load funds into your Float balance!
You have two options for linking a bank account to your Float account. The default option provided is Flinks.
Please note: Canadian entities are not permitted to use US Domiciled USD bank accounts. The USD Bank Account must be CA Domiciled (This means the bank account has a Canadian institution number and a Canadian address).
- Instant Link Flinks (default) - Connect using Flinks, a secure financial data provider, to connect and authenticate your bank account. We will help make the change to your bank connection settings. Once the initial connection has been initiated, the bank connection status will change to pending and you will receive an email once the connection has been established!
- Manual Connection (support approval only) - You manually provide your banking details (three numbers found on a void cheque or direct deposit form). To get a manual connection, you will need to click "talk to support' so that we can review your request for a manual connection!
Instant link via Flinks
- Navigate to your Banking page > Bank Accounts and then click "Connect Bank". This window will pop up to allow you to click and read through the terms and conditions.
- A pop-up window from Flinks will appear and prompt you to select your bank.
*Please note that some business bank accounts may have specific prefixes or suffixes. We recommend searching a few iterations of your bank before contacting support!
- Once you enter your details after selecting your bank, Flinks will take some time to connect in the backend. You can click away and continue using Float until we email you with the success of the connection!
- Once Flinks is connected, you will receive an email and you will be prompted to select your Primary Account to pull funds from.
- If you see your funding source connected, but indicating the wrong currency, you can correct this by clicking the three vertical dots that correspond with the bank connection.
If Flinks fails, or if you run into errors when connecting with Flinks please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to help!