If you're looking for general instructions to link your SAML to Float's SSO feature please refer to the 'Setting up SAML Single Sign-On (SSO)' article.
Float's Google integration allows companies to onboard their employees through Float's secure SAML-SSO service!
- Go to your google admin dashboard
- In the sidebar, hit 'Apps' -> 'Web and mobile apps'
- Hit “Add app” -> 'Add custom SAML app'
- Name the app 'Float'. You can use the following image for the app icon.
5. Click 'DOWNLOAD METADATA' under 'Option 1: Download IdP metadata'.
6. In a new tab, please go to the Float SAML page, and upload this file in the 'Identity Provider Configuration Info' section using the 'XML file' option.
7. Go back to the Google Admin tab. Press continue to go on to the 'Service Provider Details' page. Enter the ACS URL and Entity ID found in the Float SAML Page in the “Service Provider .
8. Press 'Continue' to continue to the Attribute mapping page. Under attributes, add the following mappings:
“First Name” -> “given_name”,
“Last Name” -> “family_name”,
Then hit “Finish”.
9. Go back to the Float SAML page. Press the “Test” button to test signing in via SAML. This will redirect you to your IdP to sign in. If the sign in is completed successfully, you should see the status change to “Tested”.
If the status does not change, then there is an issue with your configuration in your IdP. Once you have successfully tested, you can then enable the SAML configuration for everyone in your organization.